Dickinson State University
Football Tailgating Guidelines
The following standards have been developed so that Dickinson State University students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests may enjoy their game day experience to the fullest. We anticipate your cooperation in observing each of these points, which are provided in the best interest of health and safety. Thank you very much.
Tailgating is allowed only in the north area of the BAC parking area as noted on the attached map. This tailgate area will allow the consumption of alcohol as designated by the University President according to SBHE policy 918. Consumption and possession of alcohol will be prohibited in all other areas/lots on the campus of DSU.
Parking locations in the designated tailgating location will be $25 per parking spot (25? long by 10? wide) used per game. Spots may be reserved in advance by calling Justin Schlecht 483-2159, or better yet emailing Justin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Designated spots may be reserved for the entire DSU Football Season if requested and paid in advance. There are 5 home games and if reserving for the entire season, the cost will be $125. If not reserved in advance, locations will be on a first come, first serve basis. No blocking or saving parking spaces. Fans who wish to tailgate together should arrive together. No vehicles will be allowed to enter the tailgating area after kick-off.
Cars and pickups may purchase a maximum of 2 spots, while buses, motor homes, and vehicles with trailers will be required to purchase a minimum of 2 spots or up to 6 spots depending upon vehicle size.
All tailgaters will be required to display tickets for the number of parking spots they are using.
Tailgating & Security Hours:
Lot opens at 8:00 AM and alcohol is not to be served to the public until after 9 am.
Tailgating ends at the start of the football game.
Lot closes two hours after the game or 6 p.m., whichever comes first.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The University and the BAC reserve the right to restrict or reject any vehicle or person for reasons of safety. Security and a tailgate host will be on site during all operational hours of each tailgate.
2. For safety reasons, no glass is allowed in any parking lot.
3. No open containers of alcoholic beverages will be permitted outside the designated tailgating lot.
4. Under no circumstances shall persons under 21 years of age have possession of alcoholic beverages in the tailgating areas. Wristbands will be given to those 21 years and older. Do not serve alcohol to anyone who does not have a wristband.
5. Individuals who interfere with the rights of other people by the use of loud, abusive language and behavior that prevent others from enjoying tailgating and the game will be asked to cease the behavior or leave the event. These fans may be banned from future tailgating events.
6. Tailgating participants are responsible for keeping BAC, DSU and surrounding areas clean. Trash bins are located throughout the tailgating area. All fans are responsible and must help keep the tailgating area clean.
7. Driving under the influence is illegal in the state of North Dakota. State drinking and driving laws will be enforced in and around all parking lots.
8. Solicitation is not allowed on the DSU campus or BAC property without permit. The sale of items by anyone other than University personnel is prohibited unless the University has granted prior approval.
9. Open flame fires, including fire pits, are prohibited in parking lots. Propane and charcoal grills are permitted. Please properly dispose of all hot coals off University property. The fiscal agent is responsible to coordinate with the Dickinson Police and Fire Departments and be responsible to follow Fire Department guidance regarding gas grills and the appropriate disposal of hot coals.
10. Portable toilets will be available. Please use these facilities. Additional restrooms available at game time are located in the BAC lobby.
11. Please be aware that individuals who violate the above rules and regulations will be asked to leave the property and be subject to legal penalties.
12. The University is responsible to hire appropriate security officers who will provide security during the entire time the tailgate space is open/occupied.
13. The tailgating area is subject to compliance with all state and local alcoholic beverage laws, ordinances and regulations; consequently the University is responsible for complying with Dickinson Municipal Code, Chapter 4, Alcoholic Beverages.
Dickinson State University
Henry Biesiot Activities Center
DSU Blue Hawk Booster Club
Dickinson Police Department